CelluVol Product Information
I must be honest, I was never a huge fan of stimulant based pre-workout formulas. It never computed in my head to ingest an inconvenient powder, where you have to add water, shake it up in a cup, then possibly have to tolerate a flavor that might not be good etc… when you could easily pop a few caffeine tabs and have the same effects, while saving time and money!
Some of you might be asking the question: “I like the powders for the ‘pump effect’ though.” Once again, it never made sense to have 300 mgs of caffeine plus other stimulants which counteract blood vessel expansion that was supposed to be augmented by the “nitric oxide” components of the formula. It was essentially a “push/pull effect” leading to an overpriced, powdered caffeine product being sold for $50-$60.
What is MPA Cellu Vol?
This truly is a cell-volumizing “Pump Product. ”
This product is exactly what $50-$60 should get you -- a legit, nitric-oxide inducing, vasodilating, hyperemic, vein protruding, non-stimulant based Pre-Workout Formula.
You will be taking MPA Cellu Vol ™ 15-20 minutes prior to weight training. You will want your stomach to be relatively empty so the ingredients are not in competition with food for absorption. Once you start moving some weights around, you will understand how valuable clinically dosed, high quality ingredients are as you explode with fullness and vascularity you never unveiled by the other vasoconstrictive (stimulant-based) pre-workout powders you used prior.
I PREFER FREE FORM L-CITRULLINE -- NOT CITRULLINE MALATE
As with all things MPA Supplements -- you get what you pay for and are not duped or fooled by cheaper ingredients. I would say 95% of all current pump products out there are using citrulline malate , which is l-citrulline bound to malic acid. They formulate this in a 2:1 ratio, so when a product is listed at 6 g of citrulline malate -- you get only 4 grams of pure L-citrulline.
I really have no interest in cheapening my formula by having malic acid taking away from my citrulline potency , when the L-citrulline is doing all the work regarding nitric oxide promotion, shifting high levels of arginine into the blood, and causing a fantastic pump. I am not sold on malic acid making a huge difference in enhancing absorption, as I have found research demonstrating bioavailability with pure L-citrulline to be sufficient.
What does this mean?
It means I am giving you the highest dosed pure L-citrulline product on the market at a whopping 7 grams per serving . Remember, this isn’t 7 grams of “citrulline malate” which will yield total lower citrulline content, this is 7 grams of vasodilating goodness fully transparent on the label!
NitroSigine ™ - Everything arginine was supposed to be .
I am picky, and I have been trialing and experimenting with just about every “hot & new” ingredient that is touted out there. Most are hype, some actually do great things, NitroSigine ™ happened to be one that I noticed and loved. This ingredient is the sum of 3-parts -- Arginine, silicon, and inositol. The arginine is bound to silicon, and inositol is also attached to allow the arginine to be bound to the silicon in a 1:1 ratio .
Research demonstrates that binding both arginine and silicon together has a synergistic effect -- exacerbating the effects of each ingredient .
You might be asking yourself - “what is silicon exactly and why is it included with arginine?” Silicon is an element that has shown to help with maintaining the integrity of the lining of the aortic tissues. Silica makes the inner lining of arterial tissue less permeable. Arginine bound to silicon (arginine silicate) was demonstrated to increase blood flow throughout tissues 2x more than arginine HCL , not to mention arginine silicate elicits 5x greater blood vessel relaxation than arginine HCL. Nitrosigine ™ is clinically dosed at the 1500 mg research has shown benefits from.
So now we have mega-dosed L-citrulline in conjunction with NitroSigine ™ potentiating blood vessel relaxation and expansion -- now let’s add something to induce hyperhydration, interstitial fluid volume, and cellular swelling.
Enter HydroMax ™
This is a 65% concentrated, stable in powdered form, glycerol complex. Common glycerol monostearate (GMS) formulas yield only 5-12% in pure glycerol content and are poorly absorbed. Ingesting glycerol during rigorous training can prevent dehydration from occurring and even lessen the need for water consumption. However, I recommend to always “hyper hydrate” with adequate fluid during your workout to ensure muscle contractions, fullness, and performance are optimally primed.
So now we have a trifecta of pump promoting, vein bulging, high dosed ingredients. What about energy ? Do we truly need a stimulant like caffeine or yohimbine, or a central nervous stimulant of some sort? You certainly do not need these cortisol inducing, muscle flattening ingredients added to ruin the current awesome formula in MPA Cellu Vol™. How about adding in something that is not disruptive to your central nervous system, yet gives your brain clarity, and enhances neuronal response to weight lifting.
Alpha-GPC ( AlphaSize ™ )
AlphaSize ™ will increase acetylcholine levels dramatically, crossing the blood brain barrier (BBB). A-GPC crosses the blood-brain barrier to boost choline levels in the brain, and it is involved in the synthesis and release of acetylcholine (AC). This boost of choline and release of AC significantly stimulates cognitive functioning. When a declining choline level becomes a limiting factor in the synthesis of AC, peak mental and physical performance can be negatively and dramatically affected.
This ingredient is patented and I am dosing it at a whopping 600 mg per serving . AlphaSize ™ has also demonstrated to potentiate Growth Hormone (GH) release by dramatically boosting choline levels. I won’t expand on the GH promoting effects of A-GPC because I am primarily focused on the mental benefits only. But for natural athletes and older adults , that is just another cool perk from supplementing with A-GPC.
- Improvement in key brain functions, including memory, concentration, learning, recall, and focus.
- Promotes formation of acetylcholine (AC), a vital neurotransmitter compound involved in all key brain functions and mental sharpness.
- Helps speed cell to cell communication through neuromuscular optimization, providing enhanced muscular power output and agility for active and athletic individuals.
- Physiological production and maintenance of human growth hormone (HGH), the body’s master hormone for maintaining youth, vitality, and body composition.
No pre-workout would be complete without having a solid electrolyte/mineral complex added in to ensure performance is optimized to the greatest capacity possible. So, instead of throwing in some cheap sodium chloride and a few sprinkles of potassium, I added a nifty trace mineral complex called -
ElevATP™ - Mineral/Electrolyte complex
This is a complex of a water extract of ancient peat (fossilized plant), and apple extract. The apple extract will stimulate production of ATP, the energy currency of the body. However--I am mainly attracted to the Senonian Trace Minerals from the fossilized plant -- which yields 70 plant-based , small particle minerals, including the full-range of lesser-known minerals that may have served as important co-factors in our biological development. Like I said, this isn’t some dusting of sodium and potassium , these are mega-potent trace minerals that will help fuel your training.
In a nutshell - this is truly the most potent, highest quality , logically sound, pre-workout formula on the market. You get an ingredient label that is straight up, you get ingredient dosages that are either clinically dosed or above clinical dose, plus all ingredients are TradeMarked and represented by upstanding companies. Finally you’re getting what you pay for in the pre-workout category.
MPA Supplements won’t lower standards, no matter what. So bust open your tub of MPA CelluVol ™ and experience the sickest muscle pumps you’ve ever had from an over-the-counter supplement.
Directions: 15 minutes before weight training : Add 1 scoop of Cellu VOL ™ to 12-16 oz of water. Stir or shake vigorously until powder has dispersed into water.
Note - There is no need to use more than 1 scoop of MPA Cellu VOL ™ as MPA CelluVOL ™ is dosed to clinical levels in a single serving.
Remember our slogan -- Professional Products. Professional Results.
Product Creator & Nutrition Coach
- Bellar D, LeBlanc NR, Campbell B; “The effect of 6 days of alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine on isometric strength”; J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015; 12(1):42; Retrieved from http://www.jissn.com/content/12/1/42
- Ziegenfuss T, Landis J, Hofheins J. Acute supplementation with alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine augments growth hormone response to, and peak force production during, resistance exercise. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2008;5(Suppl 1):P15. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-5-S1-P15.
- De Jesus Moreno Moreno M; Cognitive improvement in mild to moderate Alzheimer’s dementia after treatment with the acetylcholine precursor choline alfoscerate: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial . Clin Ther. (2003)
- Parnetti L, Amenta F, Gallai V; Choline alphoscerate in cognitive decline and in acute cerebrovascular disease: an analysis of published clinical data . Mech Ageing Dev. (2001)
- Study By Stephen Daniells, PurEnergy + ElevATP combination shows muscle building potential: 17-Jun-2016A combination of an extended-release caffeine with ancient peat and apple extracts may enhance muscle volume increases after resistance training, says a new
- Bescós R, Sureda A, Tur JA, Pons A. The effect of nitric-oxide-related supplementson human performance. Sports Med. 2012 Feb 1;42(2):99-117.
- Harvey P, Rood-Ojalvo S, Komorowski J. The effects of inositol-stabilized arginine silicate on cognitive function. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2015;34(6):544.
- Kalman D, Feldman S, Samson A, Krieger D. A clinical evaluation to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of an inositol-stabilized arginine silicate dietary supplement in healthy adult males. Clinical Pharmacology. 2015;7:103-109.
- Komorowski J, Perez Ojalvo S. A pharmacokinetic evaluation of the duration of effect of inositol-stabilized arginine silicate and arginine hydrochloride in healthy adult males. The FASEB Journal.
2016; 30(1) Supplement 690.17.
- Komorowski J, Rood-Ojalvo S, and El-Sohemy A. Arginine silicate supplementation decreases markers of cardiovascular, renal and metabolic dysfunction and increases markers of vasodilation and cardiovascular health in healthy adult males. The FASEB Journal. 2015;29(1):748.2.
- Proctor SD, Kelly SE, Russell JC. A novel complex of arginine-silicate improves micro- and macrovascular function and inhibits glomerular sclerosis in insulin-resistant JCR:LA-cp rats. Diabetologia.
2005 Sep: 48(9):1925-32.
- Rabelink AJ. [Nobel prize in Medicine and Physiology 1998 for the discovery of the role of nitric oxide as a signaling molecule]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 1998 Dec 26;142(52):2828-30. Awarded to Robert
F.Furchgott, Louis J. Ignarro and Ferrid Murad
- Rood-Ojalvo S, Sandler D, Veledar E, Komorowski J. The benefits of inositol-stabilized arginine silicate as a workout ingredient. Journal of International Society ofSports Nutrition. 2015 12(Suppl 1):P14.
- Shinde UA, Mehta AA, Goyal RK. Nitric Oxide: a molecule of the millennium. Indian J Exp Biol. 2000 Mar;38(3):201-10.
- “Drugs to Improve Blood Flow for People Who Have Poor Blood Circulation in the Veins of Their Legs.” PubMed Health – National Library of Medicine. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2008.
- Frank, Kurtis, and Sol Orwell. “Blood Flow – Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects.” Examine.com. N.p., 2015.
- Frank, Kurtis, et al. “Agmatine – Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects.” Examine.com. N.p., 2015.
- Prasad A1, Andrews NP, Padder FA, Hu. Glutathione reverses endothelial dysfunction and improves nitric oxide bioavailability. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999 Aug;34(2):507-14.
- Abhiram Prasad, MBBS, MRCPa; Neil P Andrews, MBBS, MRCPa; Feroz A Padder, MBBSa; Mohsin Husain, BSa; Arshed A Quyyumi, MD, MRCP, FACC -- Glutathione reverses endothelial dysfunction and improves nitric oxide bioavailability. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999;34(2):507-514. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(99)00216-8
- Sarah McKinley-Barnard, Tom Andre, Masahiko Morita and Darryn S. Willoughby. Combined L-citrulline and glutathione supplementation increases the concentration of markers indicative of nitric oxide synthesis. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 201512:27 DOI:
21.)Bode-Boger S, Boger R, Galland A, Tsikas D, Frolich J. L-arginine-induced vasodilation in health humans: pharmokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationship. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1998;46:489–97.
22.) Authors: Jourdan M, Nair KS, Carter RE, Schimke J, Ford GC, Marc J, Aussel C, Cynober LCitrulline stimulates muscle protein synthesis in the post-absorptive state in healthy people fed a low-protein diet -
A pilot study. Clin Nutr. 2014 May 4;
- Menendez C1, Jimenez R, Moreno L, Galindo P, Cogolludo A, Duarte J, Perez-Vizcaino F. Lack of synergistic interaction between quercetin and catechin in systemic and pulmonary vascular smooth muscle. Br J Nutr. 2011 May;105(9):1287-93. doi: 10.1017/S0007114510004952. Epub 2010 Dec 10.
- Benito S1, Lopez D, Sáiz MP, Buxaderas S, Sánchez J, Puig-Parellada P, Mitjavila MT. A flavonoid-rich diet increases nitric oxide production in rat aorta. Br J Pharmacol. 2002 Feb;135(4):910-6.
- Edzard Schwedhelm, Renke Maas, Ralf Freese,1 Donald Jung,2 Zoltan Lukacs,3 Alen Jambrecina,1William Spickler,4 Friedrich Schulze, and Rainer H Böger Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of oral L-citrulline and L-arginine: impact on nitric oxide metabolism. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008 Jan; 65(1): 51–59. Published online 2007 Jul 27. doi:
- Bailey, JR Blackwell, T Lord, A Vanhatalo, PG Winyard and AM Jones L-citrulline
supplementation improves O2 uptake kinetics and high-intensity exercise performance in humans. J Appl Physiol 2015 May 28:jap.00192.2014. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00192.2014.