MPA CortiSolve works by supplying the body with vital phospholipids and neurotransmitters, thus reducing the requirement for cortisol following strenuous physical or mental activity and supporting an optimal cortisol level. (11,21,37)
Optimal cortisol output helps promote faster recovery, increased muscle growth and enhanced fat loss. (36)
Whether you are a person who exercises only a few times a week, or does no exercise at all -- CortiSolve can benefit you immensely. Remember, work stress, relationship stress, mental exhaustion etc… pertain to the average person and can deplete phospholipids.
Cyclists, Runners, Sports Athletes, Cross Fitter’s, and your everyday business man that travels and works overtime -- CortiSolve is your friend and can help you feel better, perform better, and rest better. This isn’t just a Bodybuilding or sports nutrition product. This is a versatile formula that can be used at any time of the year and help young people, middle-aged people and elderly folks.
Research has demonstrated that dosing phosphatidyl Serine BEFORE engaging in strenuous activity (weight lifting, aerobics, sprinting, school exams, physical work labor etc…) can reduce the cortisol spike that comes with stressful exertion.
However -- since Phosphatidyl Serine is cumulative and stores into the cells, just ensuring you dose it daily at any time will be sufficient to reap the benefits.
1. Identification and mechanism of action of phospholipids capable of modulating rat
testicular microsomal 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-isomerase activity in vitro
GM Cooke Biol Reprod, Sep 1989; 41: 438 - 445.
2. Testosterone levels during systemic and inhaled corticosteroid therapy. D Morrison, et al. Respir Med, October 1, 1994; 88(9): 659-63.
3. Testicular function during prolonged corticotherapy M Kuhn, et al. Presse Med, March 22, 1986; 15(12): 559-62.
4. Glucocorticoid Induces Apoptosis in Rat Leydig Cells Hui-Bao Gao, et al. Endocrinology, Jan 2002; 143: 130.
5. Role of glucocorticoid in the stress-induced suppression of testicular steroidogenesis in
adult male rats. Orr TE, Mann DR 1992 Horm Behav 26:350 – 363
6. Suppression of endogenous corticosterone levels in vivo increases the steroidogenic
capacity of purified rat Leydig cells in vitro. Gao HB, Shan LX, Monder C, Hardy MP 1996
Endocrinology 137:1714 – 1718
7. Mutually independent effects of adrenocorticotropin on luteinizing hormone and
testosterone secretion DR Mann, et al. Endocrinology, Apr 1987; 120: 1542.
8. Reciprocal changes in plasma corticosterone and testosterone in stressed male rats
maintained in a visible burrow system: evidence for a mediating role of testicular
11ÃŸ-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Monder C, et al. Endocrinology 134:1193 – 1198
9. The effect of stress-induced ligands on testosterone formation in Leydig cells.
Cooke BA, et al. 1992 West AP, eds. Stress and reproduction. New York: Raven Press; 135 – 144
10. Acute suppression of circulating testosterone levels by cortisol in men.
Cumming DC, Quigley ME, Yen SSC 1983 J Clin Endocrinol Metab 57:671 – 673
11. HORMONAL EFFECTS OF PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE DURING 2-WEEKS OF INTENSE WEIGHT TRAINING [Annual Meeting Abstracts] Fahey, T. D.; Pearl, M.
California State University, Chico
12. Association of 24-Hour Cortisol Production Rates, Cortisol-Binding Globulin, and
Plasma-Free Cortisol Levels with Body Composition, Leptin Levels, and Aging in Adult Men and Women Jonathan Q. et al. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Jan 2004; 89: 281 - 287.
13. Cortisol inhibition of growth hormone-releasing hormone-stimulated growth hormone
release from cultured sheep pituitary cells JL Sartin, et al. J. Endocrinol., Jun 1994; 141: 517 - 525.
14. Lowering cortisol enhances growth hormone response to growth hormone releasing
hormone in healthy subjects. TG Dinan, J Thakore, and V O'Keane Acta Physiol Scand, July 1, 1994; 151(3): 413-6.
15. Stress-Related Cortisol Secretion in Men: Relationships with Abdominal Obesity and
Endocrine, Metabolic and Hemodynamic Abnormalities Roland Rosmond, Mary F. Dallman, and Per Bjorntorp J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Jun 1998; 83: 1853 - 1859.
16. Visceral obesity: a "civilization syndrome". Bjorntorp P Obes Res. 1993 May;1(3):206-22.
17. Brain caphalin, a mixture of phosphatides. Separation from it of phosphatidyl serine,
phosphatidyl ethanolamine, and a fraction containing an inositol phophatide.
Folch J et al. J Biol Chem 1942 146(1):35-44
18. Food composition and nutritional tables. Souci et al. Medpharm Scientific Publishers; 200
19. The influence of phosphatidylserine supplementation on mood and heart rate when
faced with an acute stressor. Benton D et al. Nutr Neurosci 2001, 4(3):169-178
20. Effects of phosphatidylserine on the neuroendocrine response to physical stress in
humans. Monteleone et al. Neuroendocrinology 1990, 52(3):243-248
21. Blunting by chronic phosphatidylserine administration of the stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in healthy men. Monteleone et al.
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1992, 42(4):385-388
22. Effects of phosphatidylserine on exercise capacity during cycling in active males.
Kingsley et al. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2006, 38(I):64-71
23. The hormonal and perceptive effects of phosphatidylserine administration during two
weeks of weight training-induced over-training. Fayey TD, et al. Biol Sport 1998, 15(2): 135-144
24. The effects of phosphatidyl serine on markers of muscular stress in endurance runners. Fernholz et al. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2000, 32(5):S321
25. Phospholipids and sports performance. R Jager, et al. J Int Soc Sports Nutr, Jan 2007; 4: 5
26. Effects of Phosphatidylserine on oxidative stress following intermittent running.
Kingsley M et al. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2005 37(8):1300-1306
27. The effect of phosphatidylserine on golf performance. Ralf Jager et al. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007; 4:23
28. Changes in Financial Strain Over Three Years, Ambulatory Blood Pressure, and Cortisol Responses to AwakeningAndrew Steptoe, Lena Brydon, and Sabine Kunz-Ebrecht Psychosom Med, Mar 2005; 67: 281 - 287.
29. Perfectionism and the Cortisol Response to Psychosocial Stress in Men
Petra H. Wirtz, et al. Psychosom Med, Apr 2007; 69: 249 - 255.
30. Influence of dietary protein, energy and corticosteroids on protein turnover, proteoglycan sulphation and growth of long bone and skeletal muscle in the rat.
ZA Yahya, et al
Clin Sci (Lond), Nov 1994; 87(5): 607-18.
31. Cortisol, testosterone, and free testosterone in athletes performing a marathon at 4,000 m altitude. Marinelli et al. Horm Res., 41(5-6), 225-229, 1994
32. Usefulness of free testosterone/cortisol ratio during a season of elite speed skating
athletes.Banfi et al. Int J Sports Med., 14(7), 373-379, 1993.
33. Corticosterone Can Act at the Posterior Paraventricular Thalamus to Inhibit
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Activity in Animals that Habituate to Repeated Stress
Azra Jaferi and Seema Bhatnagar Endocrinology, Oct 2006; 147: 4917 – 4930
34. Steroids and depression Alexander Mitchell and Veronica O'KeaneBMJ, Jan 1998; 316: 244
35. Biological Markers of overtraining Fahey et al. Biol Sport 1997, 14:1-19
36. Amino acids and proteins for the athlete. Di Pasquale CRC Press, 2007, Pg 309
37. The effects of soy phosphatidylserine on cortisol, growth hormone and testosterone
response to moderate intensity exercise. Starks, et al. University of Mississippi
38. Phospholipids as dynamic participants in biological processes. Hanahan et al.
J lipid Res 1984, 25:1528-1535
39. Biosynthesis of phospholipids Kennedy at al. Fed, Proc 16: 847-853 (1957)
I feel more at ease after using for a while, I feel clear headed and ready to take on any issues outside of the gym, and in the gym I feel like I can do more and go longer!
Nothing has changed since last time. Stills seems to be helping my anxiety.
Cortisolve has worked in more ways than one. The anxiety I have at the gym and work has subsided quite a bit. I still notice my anxiety, but that is a medical issue with me. I feel more relaxed about decisions and my body seems to be responding better to my training. I look forward to continuing to use this product to see if it can get even better. Thank you for something different that seems to be working.
Perfect! I love all of the items I use
I workout four days a week. Two days at home and two days in the gym. My anxiety doesn't bother me when I am at home, but at the gym it bothers me intensely if people crowd me while I am working out. I have only taken the Cortisolve supplement for a week and I only take it on the four days that I workout before my training with protein powder. I can feel a small difference in the intensity of my anxiety which is a lot to me. I look forward to seeing how effective this supplement can be once I have taken it for a while. Even if it doesn't get any better than it already has, it still is enough to make it a little easier on me. Thank you for creating supplements that can really make a difference. Be blessed.
I am in contest prep and also have started a new job.. working long/various shifts has caused some unwanted weight gain from stress and water retention. I swear the day I started using this it started improving . I’m really happy with it! And it tastes good. I mix it in a shot glass with a little water
It tastes great and I do notice a difference in my stress response.
Chocolate tastes great!!